Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How stalking a stranger completed my living room

My living room has had a very bare spot for quite a while. Not finding the right, perfect, ideal piece has made the room look unfinished (which is sorta is), a bad look since it's the first place your eye goes when walking in the front door.

I've found the most fabulous custom painting and an artist ready to paint for me, but I can't seem to locate a spare $500. Dang.

We had a mirror over the couch for several years, but it reflected car lights at night & just wasn't working.

Last week I slipped out WITHOUT CHILDREN for a few hours and felt Lucky. I had a little cash money to spend and I was looking for a bargain, so I headed to HomeGoods.

There is was! The right, perfect, ideal temporary piece!

On top of someone else's cart. Dang.

So I stalked her, at a safe distance, through the whole store, willing her to change her mind as I slowly tracked her. She turned a corner. I turned the NEXT corner (see how crafty I am??) and circled back.

What??? She put the canvas down, back in its original spot and picked up another. She placed the NEW one in her cart and moved away from MINE. Cautious and not wanting to spook her I approached. She looked up. I smiled, winningly, and said, "I think I might take this if you don't want it." (See how cool I am??) She said no, she was going to take the new one. I gushed over her new one, as I slowly and carefully loaded my canvas and backed out of the aisle.

Sweet victory is mine!

I high-tailed it to the register, checked out & bolted from the store. Bwwaaahaaaahaaa!

It's just what I wanted as a fabulous placeholder in my living room. What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Just want to let you know you won my giveaway. Woot! Shoot me an email with your email address, and they'll send your gift certificate to you.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete