Friday, July 9, 2010

Big Disappointment #1

So, back in June, my husband and I took a five day child-free trip to Key West. FIVE DAYS. Divine! We've had a few weekends here & there, but this was the first real trip we've had since we've had kiddos.

In addition to being excited about the R&R, the sleeeeeping without listening, and the wine, I was looking forward to reading a book.

I love, love to read and used to read a lot. Once upon a time I even started a neighborhood book club. It continues, but without me.

I just don't have/make the time to read books for pleasure these days. I'm close, but right now I'm only back up to magazines.

But, I digress. I took a book on our trip, planning to read it on the plane and as I lounged around beach side, pool side, balcony-side, etc.

I settled in, took a deep breath, and opened the pages to find...

I had already read it.

Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment